I started my new job on November 5th, and received lots of confirmations along the way that I was making the right decision to leave my marketing job of 17+ years.
I’m loving the opportunity to be in the fitness industry and part of the Anytime Fitness family.
There’s a lot to learn and every day presents new opportunities for that.
I am excited about the New Year and the potential for people to start their health and fitness journey with us.
I knew I would be happy signing people up for a gym membership, but had no idea how affected I could be by one person until today.
With her permission I’m sharing a post that she shared tonight in a private group that we both belong to. Nothing happens by chance:
So …. i did this thing today… i joined Anytime Fitness.
I decided that I needed to push thru all my anxiety and do something to benefit ME..
Anyone who doesn’t know my anxiety issues it truely is debilitating at times 😢 i took baby steps with the support of my friend.
I literally had to make each tiny thing an accomplishment.
Step 1 i submitted a form for information on their current special.
Step 2 i made the appointment.
Step 3 AND I RECOMMEND THIS TO EVERYONE….. research your health insurance bc mine offered discounts for joining.
Step 4 i walked through the door to a new place by myself (King Kuan can vouch this is a HUGE struggle for me)
Step 5 i signed up… and met a wonderful woman carol who showed me a full body workout I could do until my body assessment on Tuesday.
Step 6 i showed up this evening a got an awesome 1 hour workout in.
I have a lot of support but I realized i need professional help to get me out of my funk and back on my wagon.
So, tonight my journey begins again…
I weighed myself this am at 212.6lbs. (That means i gained almost all the weight i lost last year)…. i did it before ill do it again.
I cried when I read this. I know that all things have come together, not by chance, for me to be living my purpose today.
My fitness journey that I began several years ago led to a passion for lifting weights and the gym.
The diagnosis of Rheumatoid Arthritis shook my foundation, but then led me to take the course to become a certified personal trainer in hopes of helping people with chronic pain and disease.
My own personal trainer/nutritionist told me about the owners of Bel Air Anytime Fitness and led me to put in an application there.
The owners interviewed me and told me they needed to hire a general manager. They have given me the most amazing opportunity and gift.
I am grateful. Because today the courage of one beautiful lady who walked through the gym doors has reafirmed that I’m truly living my purpose.
You never know what people are going through. Her story touched my heart. And I’m thankful to be part of her journey.
I was reading an article a while back about living your purpose. I am glad I saved it. Here’s 20 signs that you’re living your purpose. I know I am.
Here are 20 signs that you are living your purpose:
*1. You no longer have that nagging feeling that a big piece is missing in your life. You have found what makes you whole.
2. You have gone from being stuck to knowing that you are on a meaningful path that gives you true fulfillment.
3. Work brings joy instead of sucking energy out of your life.
4. You stopped doubting yourself. You feel confident and good about your choices.
5. Uncertainty, insecurity and worry are old patterns. You feel purposeful and know that the world needs you to be your best.
6. Instead of seeking clients, they are seeking you. Your business and income are flowing.
7. You no longer feel like you’re hiding part of who you are. You are authentic and true to your soul.
8. You are patient with yourself and your family because you are OK being certain with the uncertain. You trust that the next step will be given to you.
9. You’ve stopped looking for approval from those around you. You have found your voice, courage and confidence.
10. You feel comfortable selling your products or services because you know that people need you.
11. You stopped playing small and feel vibrant and alive. You have tapped into the knowing that you have so much to give.
12. You have become fearless. Your fears are now your best friends and they always point you toward the next step.
13. Frustration from not meeting your potential has vanished. You know you are meant to do great things and have so much love to share.
14. Change is no longer a fear. You have seen that change is what allows you to create a lifestyle that you love.
15. You invest in yourself and your business and the more you do so, the more others invest in your services.
16. You stopped struggling. You live your life passionately both personally and professionally.
17. You no longer feel like you are selling your soul for a paycheck. Your income and your purpose are in alignment.
18. The fear of what others might think of you has been replaced by the belief that people need your gifts and talents.
19. You finally stopped putting your life on hold and know you are living your destiny.
20. You have come to know that happiness is not only your right, but part of your life’s purpose.
*mindbodygreen/living your purpose
I encourage you all to seek your purpose and pursue it. It’s life changing.